middle childhood education/intervention specialist (bse)
preparing teachers for grades 4-9
as a student in the middle childhood education/intervention specialist program at the university of dayton, you'll prepare to teach grades 4-9 (ages 9-14). you'll specialize in two areas of concentration (mathematics, reading/language arts, science, social studies).
- take coursework toward an intervention specialist license simultaneously with your bachelor's degree coursework.
- have two concentrations of 24 or more semester hours in the following content areas: mathematics, reading/language arts, science, social studies.
- meet all academic and competency requirements in order to do your student teaching and be recommended for licensure.
- complete all of your teaching concentration courses before doing student teaching.
- all field and clinical experiences must be completed successfully.