do you want to start your own business?
leonardo enterprises is a new business incubator and investment program at the school of engineering for all university of dayton students, faculty and staff who want to start their own technology-based business.
a technology-based business is any business concept that requires some form of engineering support to be successful. this could take the form of a launch of a new product, a manufacturing process, an app and more.
what it is and what it isn't
- i have an idea for a new method to roast coffee beans that will be more energy efficient and produce great tasting coffee —yes!
- i want to open a coffee shop on wayne avenue that has live funk performances on thursday afternoons — no!
- my product is a new app that uses your phones's pedometer and heart rate sensor to help athletes better understand their peak performance conditions — yes!
- i'm launching my own personal training service for marathon runners — no!
how leonardo helps
at the university of dayton, leonardo enterprises invests pre-seed funding to new startups formed by students, faculty, and staff. plus, as a leonardo fellow, you will receive the following:
- lab space
- co-working office space
- use of the school of engineering's makerspace
- world-class engineering support
- legal support
- one-on-one business mentoring and education
as a leonardo fellow, you will be a part of a cohort with other startup business founders, and you will receive support and education as a group, as well as individual mentorship and direction. leonardo also connects you with investors and small business services to help transition your business off campus after graduation. leonardo enterprises is your first step towards creating a successful business around technology and your ideas.