computers and printers
computers for patron use are located on the first floor of the library and provide access to email, microsoft office applications, and library databases. all computers require a university of dayton username and password.
printing, scanning and copying are available from our 3-in-1 machines. prints and copies are four cents a print and are deducted from your flyer express account. color printing is available from the right printer and costs twenty cents per print.
scan to your ud-email for free by choosing fax/scan.
we do not offer printing to visitors. we suggest using the campus print and copy services.
- at the print dialogue box, choose the printer "findme_library" and choose your color option, either black and white or color. please remember color copies are twenty cents a page!
- click "print"
- if you have chosen to print in black and white, go to either the left or right printer to release your print job. if you have chosen to print in color, go to the right printer only to release your print job. swipe your i.d. and release your print job.
- please ask a library staff member for assistance if your document does not print after completing these steps.
if you are using your own laptop, and want to print to the library's 3-in-1 machines , you will need to install them to your machine. you will be charged 4 cents per page just as if you were using a library computer.
library 3-in-1 machines are called findme_library
installing network printers on your laptop
printing is available through your flyer express account at 4 cents per print.
- with cash, add up to $5.00 at the second-floor services desk or flyer student services, st. mary's room 108
- with personal check, visit flyer student services, st. mary’s hall room. 108
- with credit card, call 937-229-2456 or deposit online using the flyer express/get website ($5 minimum)
add money to my flyer express
all library computers come equipped with:
- microsoft office professional plus suite
- adobe acrobat reader (pdf reader)
- ibm spss (statistical package for the social sciences)
- hp scanning software
- vlc (multimedia player)
- paint.net (digital photo editing)
- read & write gold (text to speech)
- nvda (nonvisual desktop access)